New Start: The greater Idaho Falls area is experiencing tremendous growth due to jobs, quality of life, and cost of living. The Mormon church has a strong historical presence in the area, and the 11-person core group has been working with Truth in Love Ministries to understand how to best reach out into this demographic.
- Rev. Paul Krueger recently accepted the call to serve this new mission.
- The core group has chosen the name Christ Alone for their new church.
- The Idaho Falls area is estimated to have a population of 145,216 by the year 2032, an increase of over 28,000 people (nearly 25% growth).
- The Mormon population has dropped to around 59% due to the influx of people, whereas this number was as high as 75% at one point.
- The core group has Tuesday evening Zoom Bible studies with Pastor Mark Parsons from Truth in Love Ministries.
- The next nearest WELS churches are in Layton, Utah, (three hours) or Boise, Idaho (four hours).
Rev. Mark Parsons, Truth in Love Ministries