https://wels100in10.net/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/711x400-BentonvilleAR.jpg 400 711 hmfull10010 https://wels100in10.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/blankLogo-80x80.png hmfull100102023-03-20 00:00:002023-05-24 13:16:48Bentonville, Arkansas
New Start: Bentonville, the headquarters of Walmart, is anticipated to see 35% population growth in the next three years. There are only two churches of any denomination in the target area of southwest Bentonville/Centerton. The 12-person core group (pictured) has been active in the community and looks forward to planting a new church in an area with no current WELS presence.
- Bentonville is the headquarters of Walmart, J.B. Hunt Logistics is located in neighboring Lowell, and Tyson Foods has a plant in Rogers and headquarters in Springdale to the south.
- Bentonville itself has a population of 62,000. By 2026, its population is expected to be 83,000 (35% growth).
- Walmart has invested quite a bit into the Bentonville community, making it a very desirable place to live with good schools and over 140 miles of bike trails for families. The Ozark National Forest to the southeast makes Bentonville a hub for outdoor activity.
- The four families in the core group have been meeting every two weeks for Bible study and fellowship since May 2022.
- The nearest WELS churches to the Bentonville/Centerton target area are Beautiful Savior in Bella Vista and Grace in Lowell.
Rev. Nathan Nass, District Mission Board member